Common is a problem-solving collective that brings a diverse suite of skills to today’s increasingly complex social issues. To do our work we need to collect people’s personal information. It is very important to us that the information we hold about you is kept securely and safely. The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how Common collects, stores and uses the personal data you provide to us and that we collect. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of your personal data.
2. The data we collect about you
We will collect personal data when you participate in a research or service design study with us. The information we collect can contain your personal opinions as well as personal data such as:
- Full name
- Age & date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Photos, audio & video footage
We may also occasionally collect sensitive personal data, but we will always obtain your explicit consent and tell you why and how the information will be used.
3. How we collect and use your personal data
There are several ways we may collect or have access to personal data:
- Information you give to us directly
- From a client’s or other third party database we have access to
- From a panel provided by a client or other third party
- Data that is publicly available
When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in research
- To confirm the details of research you have agreed to take part in
- To conduct research with you
- To validate answers/views you gave in a recent research project we conducted (if you have consented to us doing so)
- To update and to ensure that our records of your personal data are correct (applicable to those consenting to being part of an ongoing community or panel)
The personal data we collect is:
- Combined with the responses/views/opinions of others who participated in the same research and reported back anonymously to the client that commissioned the study
- Used on an aggregated basis to determine which groups of people think certain things more than others
- Occasionally used to re-contact you to validate your responses (if you have consented to us doing so).
All of your survey responses are treated as confidential. We will never intentionally disclose your personal data or individual survey responses to the client that commissioned the study or any third parties unless you consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses.
4. How we protect your data
Common maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, personal data, received or collected by us. We review, monitor and evaluate our privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Only authorised employees have access to the personal data you provide us and are only granted access for data analysis and quality control purposes.
5. How long do we keep your data
We keep personal data for the duration of a project and for 12 months thereafter in case any further analysis is requested, unless you request it to be deleted.
6. Who we share your data with
Your data will only ever be used for research purposes. We only ever share your data with a third party when it is essential for making a project happen. This includes:
- Recruiters who find research participants
- Research viewing facilities
- Online platform partners
- Web-streaming providers
- Expert and specialist advisors
We only every work with trusted third parties and ensure that they comply with our privacy policies and procedures.
Your personal data would never be broadcast, put in the public domain, used for direct marketing purposes or be sold to third parties or other purposes unless we have your explicit consent.
7. Know your rights
You have a number of rights over your personal data and at any point you can contact us for the following:
- To withdraw your consent
- To request a copy of the information we hold about you
- To request that we delete, correct or restrict the use of your personal data
For any queries or requests, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
c/o Suite A4 Skylon Court, Rotherwas, Hereford, England, HR2 6JS
Common Collective Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 11005094.
Registered office: c/o Suite A4 Skylon Court, Rotherwas, Hereford, England, HR2 6JS
Last updated: June 2020